13.6.11

Happy Birthday Dan!

Well today has just been so fun. It was my sister's and my fiancee's birthday (and i had two midterms, but that is beside the point).

I asked Dan what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday a few weeks ago and he said that he wanted a 'fun' cake. I also texted his mom to see what he liked and she told me, and i quote, "probably vanilla with neon food coloring and neon colored frosting. And sprinkles. Multicolor."
So, i put my baking skills to the test. When i got home today from school i filled on the tv, guess what show was on... Cake Boss (how appropriate). And from then on, I put my creativity to the test.
At the begining of the semester, the girls and I had a rainbow party and we made a rainbow cake. I liked how fun it looked when we cut into it, so I wanted to make a fun, multicolor cake that looked cool when I cut into it.
After calling my mom like 5 times to learn how to make frosting, i began my rainbow cake journey.

the first layer was my red, orange and yellow swirl and the second was my purple, blue and green swirl.
Into the oven they went:

it made a rainbow mess:

As they cakes came out and were cooling, I wrapped up Dan's presents. One of his favorite movies of all time is Footloose and he is proud to admit that, so I had to get it for him. There is a great scene in the movie where Kevin Bacon punch dances out his range that one of my all time favorite movies copied. That movie is Hot Rod. So I got Dan that movie too. (we watched it tonight, and seriously, that movie gets funnier and funnier each time you watch it)
I also got Dan a scalp massager. 1) because he loves to have his head rubbed and 2) he can do it himself and i wont have to anymore lol
And lastly, I got Dan a pair of crocs. He has always been secretly envious of mine, so i figured it was time he joined the croc club. 

After the cake was done and frosted, and the presents wrapped and ribboned, we went to Seven Peaks Waterpark (again, the best investment!) and had a blast going down some slides and floating down the lazy river!
THENNN.... we went to Fuddruckers. Yum.

Curious to see how the cake turned out?? Me too. I was dying all afternoon to see what it would look like once we cut into it! Here:



 the birthday boy!


Happy birthday Dan!

And I need to add a birthday shout out to jana, Happy Birthday Jan!
She is so tan!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...