12.11.13

New Door

 
One thing was for sure, the front of the house needed a little facelift. It looked so 'blah' and we wanted to give it a little facelift. I asked Dan if he was opposed to painting the door a fun color. For a while we were talking about red. But red brick house with a red door seemed like too much clash. My mom suggested black, and I liked that, but it wasn't jazzy enough. Then when I was driving through a neighboring neighborhood, I saw this cute red brick house with a dark navy door and dark navy shutters. I was in LOVE. I told Dan that that was what I wanted to do and he was all for it! I love him. He lets me do what I want lol. Of course we do not currently have shutters, but we will soon (especially now that we bought a miter-saw! BDE!!)
Anyways, going from white to navy took three coats. Dan took the week off to work on things around the house and this was one of his projects. I gave him specific instructions based on tutorials I had read about online. He did an AWESOME job.
 

 
http://www.lovepomegranatehouse.com/how-to-paint-your-front-door/
 
 
After painting the door, he also spray painted all the hardware. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...