11.11.13

Step 7: Closing

http://laurenanddan.blogspot.com/p/how-to-buy.html

Step 7: Closing

Make sure you are having good communication with your lender and getting everything in order before headed to closing. Your lender is going to need the most recent months of pay stubs, bank statements, records of all debt, etc.
The most important tip I can give is to be keeping a close eye on what is going on with your bank. The will comb through EVERY SINGLE deposit and withdraw and ask where all the money is coming from. I bought something for my mom and she wrote me a check for $70 and they wanted to know what that $70 was for. It is crazy. So make sure not to do anything weird with your money or that you are at least documenting all this transactions.
When it comes to closing day, get ready to sign A LOT of papers. I was excited to finally perfect my signature...and by the end, it was just a scribble haha.
Closing for us took an hour and a half and was just sign, sign, sign, sign. Dan and I were so fortunate to be able to close ON OUR 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! How cool was that? Our lender gave us a bottle of wine with a picture of the house on it. It was really sweet.

**Don't forget to call and get the power and gas turned on once you close on your house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...