10.7.11

Broken Down in Fillmore Town

Wow! It has been such a crazy weekend!
After school on thursday, Dan and I took off to go stay with some friends in St. George. We had so much fun playing with baby Wade, rock climbing, swimming, BBQing, going to see Brigham Young's winter house, hanging out and playing games (Perudo and Mad Gab)!!
Here is some pictures
To begin, I caved and got a cool camera app for my phone. We had some fun (well I had fun) playing with the different film and flashes!



Dan is giving me the look to stop lol

The drinking fountain outside Brigham Young's house!

This tree got struck by lightening and they had to have a tree surgeon come put in a metal rod to hold it together. A tree surgeon.

Ali looking beautiful in the sun shine with baby Wade!

WADE!

A tumble weed! That was a fun surprise to see next to my car

Yep, these are my feet wearing Chacos! 

If you look really close you can see the boys wayyyyy up on that rock setting up our ropes so we can climb!

How beautiful is this?!!

Perris and Dan walking back from setting up the ropes


Dan climbing away

Perris belaying!





The pretty sunshine a few miles before the breakdown!

So allow me to explain what happened next! Dan and I were driving away, having a lovely time chatting and we had reached our half way point. Two hours from St. George, two hours to go to Provo when suddenly the RPMs on the car shot all the way up to the red zone. Dan let his foot off the gas and when he went to accelerate again, the car wouldn't go. So we pulled over. I called my dad (who is out of the country, $4 a minute!) to see what to do. We called AAA, then called Dan's bro to come pick us up, and then we waited. Waited and waited. We were so blessed that nothing bad happened. Everyone that helped us was so friendly. I did have to leave my car in Fillmore.
Fingers crossed that it wont be too expensive to fix cause I have heard that new transmissions cost over $2000.....
Anyways, here are two pictures I took when we were being towed. I was super scared because he let us sit in the car as we got towed!



What an adventure! Something I am sure Dan and I will never forget!! haha

2 comments:

  1. he let you sit in the car?! that is crazy!! But I am glad you are ok. If you need a ride to get your car let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perris told me about the fiasco! i'm so sorry, but what an adventure! glad you came down!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...