19.9.11

19 Days to Go!

I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone! Only 19 more days to go! Be sure to take a look at our wedding website and RSVP if you haven't already!
http://www.mywedding.com/danandlaur/


First Date

Her Side
I was sitting in class at 10am when my phone rang. I glanced down and saw an unknown number calling. I decided to leave the classroom and answer it, hoping that it would be someone from the Bishopric to give me a calling but instead it was Dan asking me out for a date that weekend! Or was it really a date? He had never made it that clear. I called my mom right after class for her advice because I really didn't know if it was a date or just a group hang out!!
It was, hands down, the best first date I have ever been on. (and yes, it was a date) Dan and I had so much chemistry right from the get go! We went to Thanksgiving Point and went to the corn maze. We played tether ball, lassoed a saddle, bounced around on this huge inflatable pumpkin, walked through an inflatable dinosaur body, raced around on tractors, and got lost in the corn maze (we cheated to get back to the start). I wanted to grab his hand but was too nervous haha. My favorite moment though and one that stands out was when we were sitting on a giant cobweb across from each other, and the way he was looking at me, and the butterflies in my stomach, just got me thinking 'oh my goodness, this guy is just want I have been looking for!'
I had such a blast with Dan, i didn't want that night to end... from then on, I was hooked.

Our First Date

His Side
Wednesday morning, after class, I walked home and decided it was time to call that mega hottie I had once seen. I grabbed the ward directory and gave her a call. She picked up and I asked "are you in class?", she lied and said "no". I mentioned to her that there was a corn maze at Thanksgiving Point, and asked if she would like to go. She lied and said "yes", really what she meant was "I've been dreaming of this moment all my life".
Friday finally came and we were off to the corn maze. After I paid for her ticket, she finally realized it was a date, and that we were not just hanging out. We grabbed a map and started looking around the grounds. As we walked through the corn maze I remember her telling me about the "mom job" that she wanted to have. She told me that she wanted to be a dental hygienist because it has flexible hours and is easy to maintain with kids in school. I remember thinking that she was a really incredible girl. After the corn maze we did all kinds of other things. We roped cattle, and went into a spooky maze, we sat in a big rocking chair together, and talked so easily together. I remember hoping that she and I would some how end up in a corner together while in the dark spooky maze haha. We spent the whole night talking and having so much fun together. Towards the end of the night I remember sitting on a playground spider web thing with my brother and his date and we were all just talking. It was there as I sat across from her that I really saw how special she was. That might have been our moment haha! The date was long and I was worried she was going to think it was too long, but I was just having so much fun with her. Also, on the way to the corn maze and on the way home we listened to the greatest band called, "Imagine Dragons". One of their songs called, "Tokyo" is now one of our wedding songs. After I dropped her off that night I knew I wanted to get to know that amazing girl more!

2 comments:

  1. wow, this is pretty sappy guys... but it's pretty awesome too
    -Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I looked up sappy in the dictionary and this is what I found -

    sap·py
       
    adjective, -pi·er, -pi·est.
    1. abounding in sap, as a plant.
    2. full of vitality and energy.
    3. Slang . silly or foolish

    So basically you can take which ever meaning you want from my first comment, but just to let you know I didn't think the post was silly or foolish so you can exclude option 3 :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...