30.9.11

8 Days!!


The Proposal

Her Side
The Proposal
Dan and I rushed through our finals quickly back in April 2011 so that we could leave early to spend some time getting to know Dan's parents in AZ. Wednesday, April 20th, we headed out at 5am on our 9 hour trek... I had ZERO idea I would later be getting proposed to by my best friend.
Dan, his brother and I were driving back to his place that night when Dan nonchallently asked me if I wanted to drive around and see his old 'stomping ground'. Steve (his brother) said he didn't want to join so Dan dropped him off and Dan and I drove around his old hometown. It was fun seeing everywhere he grew up! After the tour, he told me there was one more place he wanted to show me. For a split second I thought he might be popping the question but I ruled that out because the timeline didn't make much sense! We had just barely gone ring looking, and had just finished finals, just finished a long long long drive...
Anyways! We ended up back at Dan's house and he parked the car. I was slightly confused because I thought he said we were going one more place and yet we were back where we started. I got out of the car and with a look of stress Dan told me he had forgotten his keys so we would need to go around the back.
We walked through the back gate alongside the side of the house and Dan told me a funny story about him hiding back here and scaring his sister from the window. It was that point where I had completely ruled out the idea of Dan asking me to marry him, and yet as soon as I rounded the corner of the house into the backyard, I saw a table with roses and candles and a box.
I looked at Dan, and he was smiling and he grabbed me by the hand and walked me over. I was too shocked for words, so excited that I didn't even cry, and watched as Dan went down on his knee and asked me to marry him.
It was just perfect. I love you Dan!

The Proposal

His Side
As the end of the semester approached Lauren had plans to go home to Chicago to visit her family, but we still wanted to go to Arizona so she could meet my family. So we decided to hurry through finals and drive to Az. My brother, Lauren, and I had a lot of fun driving and trying not to get lost with her tomtom GPS. Actually I can't remember if we used that because she says I don't like it haha. But, we made it to AZ and she met my family. We spent some time for her to get to know my family and they enjoyed meeting her. A few days earlier I had picked up her ring and had it sent to AZ to be waiting there for when we arrived. Good thing, because if I had the ring those last days before we left it would have been burning a hole in my pocket! At the end of the evening we dropped my brother off at home and just she and I went around town and I showed her the places I grew up. You know, schools, and hang out spots, and other places, but not too many because I wanted to get to the last place! After we had seen a few places I said that I had one last place. So I drove home and we got out of the car. I made up a little lie, my cunning wit on the spot haha, and told her that I didn't have a key so we would have to go through the back gate. As we walked I told her a quick story about scarring my sister through a window, really I did it just because I was so nervous. Then we walked around the corner and she saw the table, roses, candles, and ring box. We walked over and I got down on one key and said the most romantic things I could say while my hands were shaking haha. I asked the love of my life to marry me, she said yes!! and then she reminded me to put the ring on her finger haha! I felt pretty proud snatching up such and incredible girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...