13.5.12

Zip Lining in Cabo!!

Hello all! Here are some more fun pictures from our cruise that we went on at the end of April (which I am slowly blogging about)
Dan and I  planned on doing one shore excursion on our trip and we picked zip lining. I had done it once before with my family back in high school and had such a blast that I wanted to go again with Dan.
We looked up how much it would be to book through our cruise and it was $130 per person. Since Dan and I are such smart and savvy shoppers, we decided to book it ourselves online! We found a place in Cabo that was the exact same company our cruise worked with and the cost was only $85!
We got off our boat and hopped on this bus that took us down a very sketchy dirt road off the side of the highway. The road kept getting narrower and narrower as we traveled up and up the side of a mountain until we reached this dessert like resort. Thankfully the place we were zip lining from was not as sketchy as our bus ride.


We weren't supposed to but we snuck off a banana and an apple and some little bags of cereal off the boat. I'm glad we did too because the food they served up there was $17 for a burger!!


Right behind us is where we were zipping. You can see the lines they have set up in the background!


When we got back to the port we were both pretty hungry and craving some Mexican tacos (because of course we were in mexico). Dan's Spanish came in handy when he asked one of the vendors where the best tacos were. He told us to follow him and he lead us down an alley, through a hole in the fence and toward a parked truck we lawn furniture set up. It was by far authentic looking..... we saw some Americans sitting at one of the tables really enjoying their food and they told us that this was the best they've had. Dan asked me about 4x if I wanted to stay. I think he was afraid of getting sick haha. I thought to myself that we might as well give it a shot! The food was so tasty!! Definitely worth it!


Dan was telling me all about al pastor tacos and how they are his favorite. He ordered 3. I ordered a fish taco, an al pastor, and carne asada. The al pastor was my favorite. Al pastor is marinated pork and pineapple and it has been cooked on a rotisserie. Yummy.

I've got to give the photo credit for this one to Dan. Doesn't that look delish???? This is the al pastor taco.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...